Pom-tastic Style with Pitusa
If you ask me, fashion should be fun. Far from rocket science I know, but there is something very complex and artistic about one's individual style. It's like walking around wearing your personality for everyone to see... and in my personal opinion it should be, above all else, something that makes you happy and brings a smile to your face. That's probably why I gravitate to fun design elements, big bold ruffles, color and prints and now, pom-poms. That's right, if you've been paying attention to current style trends at all, you can't help but notice that poms aren't just for little girls anymore. They're everywhere and a big "do" for summer. And I for one am pretty excited about that. I mean, how can you wear pom-poms and be in a bad mood? They're colorful, quirky, whimsical and bright....all the things that make for a happy summer day look.
So all that to say, when I came across Pitusa and all their pom-pom embellished designs, I knew I needed one in my life! So I was super excited when they agreed to send me this gorgeous pom-pom necklace dress that makes the absolute perfect beach or pool cover up. I actually wore mine to the pool in Vegas on a recent girl's trip and was stopped and asked about it more than once.
Things I love about this dress (although there's really nothing not to love!):
1. The adorable, standout, pom-pom back details of course.....you can't beat making everyone stop and stare as you walk away, right?
2. The simple chic cut and design of this maxi....super flattering.
3. The comfort....I really could live in this little number. The fabric is nice and soft and hangs really well.
4. The length and fit.....the dress comes in two size options, standard for those 5'4" and over and petite for those under 5'4". At just shy of 5'7" I found that the length was great in both flip flops (almost touched the ground but not quite) as well as in wedges.
5. The color options....This dress comes in white (as pictured), black (which was sold out, but looks like it's been restocked), pale pink and light gray. The material is lightweight so when it comes to the white, I feel like I will wear it with a swim suit under it for the most part, but I would think that black (being darker and less sheer) could actually be worn as a dress rather than just a cover up.
(And on a side note, Pitusa now also offers this same dress style in a mini version that I've linked here and which is available in 5 colors (the four listed above plus red, which I may just have to purchase...so cute!)
As far as styling, I paired it with these super fun multi-colored wedges and cobalt tassel earrings, both of which I found at DSW along with this white hat that I picked up at Steinmart right before my Vegas trip (that I love and will be wearing all summer long) and super-fun pom-pom clutch because you can never have too many poms right?! (PS. I found this bag at Nordstrom Rack, but I've linked a similar clutch here). I think it all makes for a really cool and put-together vacation look.
Needless to say, I love this dress and it's going to be on repeat all summer. And I think I may need to order another Pitusa design now that I know how high-quality and ultra-cute their pieces are in person (I've definitely got that pom-pom mini in my sights). I linked their site above and have also linked this exact dress here. I completely recommend checking out their designs.....I know you'll love them as much as I do!